India
A male asked:

I am suffering from scabies my doctor told me by looking at it. its been 4-6 weeks but it's not going how to make sure its scabies and how to diagnose?

Dr. Glynis Ablon
Dermatology 29 years experience
First question is: is what treatment have you received for scabies and have you treated your property (hot wash of all clothing and bedding) appropriately? If yes typically scabies can be diagnosed by a scraping of the burrows of the fingers or genitals yielding a mite. If none of this was done, see a Dermatologist perhaps it is not scabies. By the way, Scabies really is the "worst itch of your life." So get recheck
Dr. Gloria Lopez
May still have mites: If your skin has not healed within 4 weeks, you may still have mites. Some people need to treat 2 or 3 times to get rid of the mites. A physician can often diagnose scabies by visually examining a patient’s skin from head to toe. He could also scrape off a tiny piece of skin and put it on a glass slide and look at the slide under a microscope for scabies mites or their eggs.

Last updated Sep 28, 2016