Australia

I have had my period twice since i got my copper iud inserted first period was heavy 8days 2nd was heavy but 2 weeks what should i do is this normal?

Dr. Marsha Davis
Talk to your: Gyn about options for regulating the bleeding, possibly removing this nous and using the mirena (levonorgestrel)
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Asha Kamnani
Normal: With a Copper IUD, your period will become more crampy and definitely 30% heavier. It will gradually slow down and become more normal in a few months. Please give it 3 months at least. If the periods are getting heavier then see a doctor to check that the IUD is in the right location. You can also use Ibuprofen 800mg, 3 times a day for 5 days with food. If it does not help, See a doctor
Last updated Sep 25, 2016