Can i have a uti with only one symptom?

10 doctors weighed in across 5 answers
Dr. Ayyaz Shah answered

Specializes in Dermatology

UTI: Classic symptoms of UTI are FUD (frequency, urgency and dysuria). However, it is possible to have a UTI with just one of the symptoms. You should visit your doctor for further evaluation.

Answered 7/17/2014

3.9k views

Dr. Lynne Weixel answered

Specializes in Clinical Psychology

To go?: I apologize for making a punny joke based on your short question, but I hoped it might make you smile for a moment. Yes - some people don't experience any symptoms, but a lab report will show it. It's always a good idea to get rid of infections even w/out symptoms - they can spread. So, see your provider for a urine lab test and follow a treatment plan till it's gone. Best wishes!

Answered 1/5/2019

3.9k views

Dr. Dale Kristle answered

Specializes in Gynecology

Yes: in fact, you can have a UTI without any symptoms

Answered 7/17/2014

3.9k views

Sometimes: Usually a UTI will cause dysuria (pain with urination), frequency of urination, back pain and fever. More common in females (because of the anatomy). See your family physician because if not treated a URI can cause kidney involvement with infection.

Answered 7/5/2014

3.9k views

UTI: Yes. Burning on urination, urgency, frequency are all symptoms. But you don't have to have them all necessarily. See you family doc for a urinalysis and an exam.

Answered 9/29/2016

3.9k views