I have a small lump on the top of my head.i came up from a cubby whole and didn't back down far enough.it hurts when i lightly touch itshouldi seeadoc?

Dr. J. Lawrence Dohan
Dermatology 58 years experience
How long???: Headache? Visual symptoms? Headache? Bleeding? Nausea? If in doubt, check it out.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jeffrey Ramkaransingh
Interventional Radiology 21 years experience
Depends: If you have any other symptoms such as vision changes or nausea/vomiting, you should see a doctor immediately. If you only have tenderness at the site of impact, try placing an ice pack on the site.
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 27 years experience
Yes: It would be best to have it examined, measured, and see if it needs imaging or not. That's best done on a physical exam, and your primary care doctor can do it. It could be anything, and probably benign, but you want to get professional care and opinion in case it's more involved than you think. Good luck!
Last updated Aug 29, 2018