Lewisville, TX

got my wisdom teeth pulled 6/20/14, i've noticed a large abscess on my cheek need the surgical site, is this normal?

An Abscess is not: normal. Please seek dental/ oral surgery care pronto !
Dr. I. Jay Freedman
Dentistry 43 years experience
Not Normal!: An abscess as you describe is anything but normal! You need to call your oral surgeon or dentist immediately as it is potentially life threatening! If you are unable to make contact and you are feverish, have difficulty swallowing, actively draining pus, consider a visit to a hospital ER. Act quickly and good luck!
Dr. Daniel Quon
Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery 42 years experience
Abscess or Swelling?: As I am answering 3 days after your surgery, the question is whether you have an abscess or postop swelling. Postop swelling will usually reach its max at 3 days postop, which is where you are. An abscess is a clinical finding associated with purulent exudate. The best advice would be for you to contact your dentist/surgeon for advice and any treatment as indicated.