U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old female asked:

If i am resistant to metronidazole and clindamycin and the gel and cream versions of these antibiotics don't work what else can i do to cure bv?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Ali Saberi
Internal Medicine 22 years experience
Need culture : Suggest seeing Gyn so they can take a swab and send to the microbiology lab to identify bacteria and the sensitivities to antibiotics.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 20, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.