I have forgotten to take my pentasa (mesalamine) tablets for crohn's , should i be worried?

12 doctors weighed in across 3 answers
Dr. Susan Uhrich answered

Specializes in Psychiatry

Not worried,: But let your doctor know how often you have forgotten to take it. Without that information, he won't be able to assess the effectiveness of the medication.

Answered 5/7/2016

5.9k views

Dr. Jan Rakinic answered

Specializes in Colon and Rectal Surgery

Start up again: It sounds as if you'd forgotten for a short time. Just start taking your medication again as instructed and follow up with your doctor as planned. Of course, see your doctor sooner for any new problem.

Answered 2/23/2013

5.9k views

Dr. Jonah Essers answered

Specializes in Pediatric Gastroenterology

Retake: Just restart them. Typically if you miss one or two doses, nothing bad should happen in such a short period of time. However if you are ROUTINELY missing doses, you are more likely to have a flare up. If you really don't think you can take your medications without forgetting, discuss other medical options with your GI doctor

Answered 9/25/2016

3.9k views