i had a rhinoplasty performed 12 days ago. why didn't my face get swollen and bruised that much? i only had 2 small yellow bruises for a few days.

3 doctor answers
Dr. Curtis Wong
32 years experience Plastic Surgery
No swelling nose job: You were fortunate and your surgeon's technique immaculate... be happy you don't have the bruising that is typical of that procedure and hoping you have the result you desired.
Answered on Jul 22, 2014
2
Dr. David Sherris
32 years experience Facial Plastic Surgery
Lucky: You are lucky that you did not bruise or swell much! Everyone is different in that aspect of surgery.
Answered on Jun 22, 2014
2
Dr. Suzanne Galli
23 years experience ENT and Head and Neck Surgery
Post rhinoplasty: Not everyone gets a lot of bruising and swelling after surgery. Most patients are given a list of medications and supplements to avoid prior to surgery and postop instructions to minimize the bruising and swelling.
Answered on Jul 22, 2014
1