Lebeau, LA

Had a swollen lymph node on the side of my neck and small one behind ear for over 4 years. not bothersome. not growing. normal blood tests. cancer?

Dr. Joseph Barr
Not to worry: One can never rule out cancer unless the lymph node is biopsied. However a lymph node that is painless and not enlarging is most likely a reactive lymph node or calcified lymph node as a result of a prior infection in the area. If the lymph node enlarges or becomes painful I would advise you to have it examined by a physician.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 17, 2021