Northbrook, IL

i'm currently on my honeymoon in france (5+ days left) and i rolled my ankle. history of instability and a lot of pain. brace isn't helping. now what?

Dr. Peter Gerbino
Orthopedic Surgery 35 years experience
Ice and medicne: Push on the bones in the center of the bones. If a bone hurts, get an x-ray. If the pain is at the places where the tissues attach to the bone (front and back), use ice and Ibuprofen with the brace until you get home. Then see an orthopedist to see if you need surgery to regain your stability.
Dr. Stephen Scholand
Infectious Disease 23 years experience
Ankle pain: Sorry this happened on your honeymoon. I would recommend you stay off of it. That is key, even though I'm sure there's still things u want to do there. We follow the RICE strategy-- rest, ice, compression and elevation... If there's black and blue, tremendous pain or serious swelling this may not be able to wait til u get back to the US. Ice ten min on/10 min off works better than u might think.