U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 21-year-old member asked:

I have been getting large painful cysts for years now. in the middle of my chest, groin are and now in my mouth. why is this happening?!

4 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
Dr. Danny Westmoreland
Family Medicine 36 years experience
Unsure: You really need to be checked. If it were just your skin i would be less concerned. With your mouth also, get checked.
Dr. Peter Karsant
Dentistry 39 years experience
Painful cysts: You should see your MD ASAP for a diagnosis as this is not a dental issue.
Dr. James Eitner
Family Medicine 34 years experience
May Not Be Related: Some people are more susceptible to cysts. If the cysts are in the exact same spot, then a doctor can remove the sack and prevent the cyst from recurring. Since you have cysts from several areas, you should see a dermatologist to help determine the cause and an appropriate treatment.
Dr. Felicia Mata
Cosmetic Dentistry 25 years experience
Check with your MD: in order to get a proper diagnosis. Some tests including blood test and biopsy will help your doctor to properly assess your condition.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Mar 17, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.