U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 49-year-old member asked:

could you tell me if electrocardiograms only detect angina during attacks/pain?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Ecg: There are changes in the ecg that indicate the probability that the heart is experiencing ischemia. The symptom of this is angina. We do see these changes with exercise, stress and other drivers which happen without the angina symptom, but still strongly suggest the ischemia is present.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership

Similar questions

A 35-year-old member asked:

How does one treat menstrual pain?

2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Swor
Obstetrics and Gynecology 40 years experience
Menstrual pain: Severe pain should be evaluated by a gynecologist. Mild to moderate cramping can be relieved with NSAID meds like Ibuprofen or naproxen. Check out no-drug methods too like massage, exercise, and a new menstrual belt called ziivaa.
A 34-year-old member asked:

Is it normal for EKG and stress tests to be normal after stent & 2 angioplasties were done?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Vardhan Reddy
Vascular Surgery 36 years experience
Yes/no : 85% chance of being abnormal. And it can be normal in 15%of pts.
A 43-year-old member asked:

What can be done for debilitating back pain?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Bolesta
Orthopedic Surgery 40 years experience
Several things: Start with gentle but regular aerobic exercise (walking, cycling, water exercise). Build up core strength (tummy and back muscles). Eliminate tobacco use. If such simple measures have been ineffective, consult your primary doctor or a spine physician.
A 43-year-old member asked:

What can I do to treat the ball of my foot if it is swollen and throbbing with pain?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Ronald Oberman
Podiatry 31 years experience
See a Podiatrist: It may be a stress fracture or other serious condition which needs treatment.
A 37-year-old member asked:

What might a patch of painful red skin be due to?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Michael Sparacino
Family Medicine 37 years experience
Inflammation: Inflammation of some type. If it doesn't heal, you should visit your doctor.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Personalized answers
Free
Talk to a doctor
$30 per visit with
membership
Last updated Oct 4, 2016
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
$30 per visit with
membership

Disclaimer:

Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.