India

how to safely remove raised moles?

Dr. Jane Steiner
See below:: Do not attempt to do anything yourself. See a DERMATOLOGIST and let them take a look at your skin in order to advise you.

I've started to use a gentle toothbrush, but will it still help remove plaque?

Dr. Pam Yoder
Specializes in Maternal-Fetal Medicine
Yes: Many dentists recommend the use of children's toothbrushes because they are smaller and can reach teeth better and softer so they don't cut the gums. There are also good adult toothbrushes which provide more gentle cleaning. The important things for people are using the appropriate toothpaste and the correct technique to brush. A qualified dental hygienist can help guide adults to effective ones.
Dr. Anthony D'Amico
Dentistry 54 years experience
Actually dentists are also qualified to show you the proper technique.
Oct 1, 2013

Will tca be as effective as surgery to remove warts?

Dr. Sheila Goodman
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Most of the time: If your warts are not large, tca is likely to be just as effective as surgery to remove them. Larger warts may not respond or may take multiple treatments to resolve. If you aren't pregnant, Aldara (imiquimod) cream may be another option. Instead of destroying the warts, it gets your immune system to attack them and can be done by you at home.

What sort of changes in my moles should I watch for?

Dr. Karen Han
Dermatology 23 years experience
ABCDE changes: "a" for asymmetry; "b" for irregular or scalloped borders; "c" for multiple colors (shades of brown); "d" for rapidly growing diameter or diameter greater than an eraser head; "e" for evolving mole. If you have a mole with these features, you need to bring it to your dermatologist's attention.

I just noticed a new mole. What should I do?

If worried, see Dr.: New moles appear on people's skin as they age. Even children get new moles. Some moles are worrisome, and a dermatologist can look for, examine, and/or biopsy such moles. Concerning signs are: assymetry (one half of the mole growing faster than the other half), border irregular, more than 1 color in the mole, diameter more than 6mm, and the mole is elevated above the surrounding skin.

Will applying duct tape to warts remove them?

Helps with removal: For those who work to remove warts using otc products the duct tape has been used as a part of the process.Wart remover (a concentrated salicylic acid) is applied to the wart & let dry, the duct tape is cut to a size bigger than the wart & applied. Removal a day or 2 later pulls off a dead layer of wart. The procedure is repeated until the wart is gone. This is a slow process but sometimes works.

Last updated Jul 22, 2015