Bronx, NY

if i took 10 mg methadone one time on may 21 and had a 10 panel drug test taken may 29 will it come positive and when will it be out my system?

Dr. Alan Wartenberg
A Verified Doctor answered
A US doctor answered Learn more
Depends on the: panel. There are many "10-drug" panels and they are not standardized. Some look for Methadone and some do not. A single dose of 10 mg is not likely to be present 7 days later. I am MORE concerned with your taking a drug not prescribed for you, particularly methadone. The safe starting dose in an opioid-naive patient is 2.5-5 mg. If this were not prescribed for you, don't do it again! Not safe!!

Last updated Nov 8, 2018