i have had some health anxiety, and i know i'm really healthy but what's a good way for me to stop noticing everything in my body? i want to move on.

2 doctor answers
Dr. Howard Gurr
39 years experience Clinical Psychology
Health anxiety: Concern about one's health is normal. Concern about health that becomes intrusive and unstoppable is a problem. I suggest you try to be as busy as possible to distract yourself. There are specific techniques to stop intrusive thinking that are used in Cognitive/ Behavioral therapies. If you can't stop the anxieties and thoughts, I suggest you seek a CBT trained therapist or speak to your M.D.
Answered on Aug 4, 2016
3
Dr. Amanda Itzkoff
17 years experience Psychiatry
Health anxiety: Or hypochondriasis is an anxiety disorder. You mention you know you are healthy, which is great! Staying healthy by keeping medical appts, maintaining healthful diet and exercise, and engaging with people you care abt are all important things we can all do to keep up our health. You may want to talk with your doc about effective anxiety treatments for u, which may include an SSRI or CBT.
Answered on Aug 4, 2016
1