U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 41-year-old female asked:

Have indigestion since yesterday with burning dull pain up to my chest. nausea too. its been steady and worsening. antacids wont help.just dull gnawing upper stomach ache and cold feeling in chest.

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Mark Rasak
Cardiology 35 years experience
Recommend a ER visit: your s/s can be either cardiac or GI. the safest thing is to go to ER and get an ECG. Especially while your having symptoms. If the ECG shows changes then USA or a heart attack will be treated . The blood work will also help. If the high sensitivity Trop-I level is neg and you ECG looks fine , it would go along way to making me (and I'm sure you) feel better.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Michael Finkelstein
Internal Medicine 39 years experience
Abd discomfort: it could be many things from worsening GERD to a viral gastroenteritis to a cardiac issue if this discomfort is worse than you ever had see your doctor soon or go to er for an eval
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 3, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.