U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 18-year-old male asked:

I had ulcerative colitis but also had chronic inflammation in duodenum.what could be reason for this inflammation? and how to diagnose it?

2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Robert Uyeda
General Surgery 46 years experience
Chronic inflammation: could mean Crohn's disease. If it is in your duodenum, your gastroenterologist should be able to visualize it on EGD, so consult with him/her regarding accurate diagnosis and treatment.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Jonah Essers
Pediatric Gastroenterology 19 years experience
Important: This is an important question. It really raises the question of whether you have Crohn's disease instead of ulcerative colitis. Make sure your GI reviews your pathology slides. Additionally if you need a colonoscopy any time soon, make sure to get an upper endoscopy done as well so they can re-biopsy your duodenum.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.

Related questions

A 32-year-old member asked:
If have ulcerate colitis, should I use cyclosporine or inflekcimab or do surgery?
2 doctor answers6 doctors weighed in
A 38-year-old female asked:
What could cause ulcerative colitis to turn into c-diff colitis?
1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
A 43-year-old member asked:
Hello doctors, can ulcerative colitis cause a homogeneous pattern on an ANA titer?
1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Jun 7, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.