Afghanistan

have lymphedema in right arm and hand. also trigger finger on that side. will surgery for the trigger finger make the lymphedema worse?

Dr. Janiece Stewart
Sports Medicine 20 years experience
No: No, surgery for trigger finger should not make the lymphedema worse. The cause of a trigger finger has nothing to do with the lack of draining of the lymph nodes which causes the lymphedema.
Dr. John Landi
Phlebology 47 years experience
Hand surgery: Lymphedema and swelling may impede the healing process. Speak with your hand surgeon. I would recommend that attempts to reduce the swelling be done before any planned elective surgery.
Dr. Edward Hellman
Orthopedic Surgery 29 years experience
Possibly : It could potentially increase your risk of complications at the surgical site. Discuss directly with your surgeon to know the specifics of your individual case.