Is this nerve damage i had neck sergery this past october, when i got back in my room i had no use for my right arm and hand. now i can only raise my arm a little from my side, and raise my arm a little streach out in front of me. my hand and fingers is n

Hello. : Hello. It is very important to advise your neurosurgeon about this. It is quite common to have symptoms after surgery as often nerve roots become irritated by being handled. However your surgery was about five months ago. Your symptoms could be impacted by obstructed nerve flow or obstructed blood circulation (as well impeded lymphatic flow). This needs to be evaluated. Take care.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Steven Giannotta
Neurosurgery 51 years experience
You : You didn't tell us what the surgery was for. Certainly tumor surgery of the neck can have these kinds of side effects. Your surgeon would have discussed this with you ahead of time. In that case nerve damage recovery can take many months.
Last updated Oct 4, 2016