Mt Plymouth, FL

i had 4 teeth extracted a month ago. today i leaned on my jaw and got pain and instant swelling. er said i had gas in socket.is this possible? worried

Dr. Gary Sandler
Dentistry 54 years experience
Post-op problem: At 4 months post-op the socket should be closed and completely healed except for bone remodeling and maturation. You went to ER (as in hospital?) You should go back to the dentist who did the extractions, and if he\she was not an Oral Surgeon, get a second opinion from an Oral Surgeon. Staff at ER unless an Oral Surgeon is on call and saw you, have little training and experience with dental issues
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 53 years experience
Possible?: That's a new one on me, and I've been doing this since 1964. Unfortunately ER Docs and Staff have very little training in Dentistry. Please return to the Dentist or Oral Surgeon that extracted your 4 teeth for reevaluation and, if indicated, appropriate treatment.

Last updated Dec 11, 2019