i had dry socket about 2 days after getting a tooth extracted last wednesday my dentist cleaned the area and packed it 2 days agoo how long is the swelling in my face and neck going to last i look like i have the mumps and i am still in a lot of pain?

3 doctor answers
Dr. Victor Zeines
50 years experience Dentistry
Call him: Speak to your dentist.About medication... Are you on antibiotics? Were these teeth impacted? The swelling could last a few days' try using a homeopathic remedy called traumeel get the liquid in a health food store and take 6 drops under your tongue 4 times a day for the next few days.
Answered on Dec 6, 2012
1
Dr. Majid Jamali
25 years experience Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery
Pain: Very unusual. Please see your dentist or an oral surgeon.
Answered on Aug 14, 2015
Dr. Robert Schwan
Specializes in Cosmetic Dentistry
Better or Worse?: You should be getting better over 7 to 10 days but a dry socket will prolong this time. Worsening could indicate a cellutlitis type infection that may need more aggressive antibiotic treatment.
Answered on Dec 6, 2012