India

hello doctor ..l had a episode of back pain radiating to right limb ...mri shows diffuse annular disc bulge of 1 to 2 mm .how serious is my condition?

Dr. Eric Weisman
Neurology 36 years experience
Right limb pain ?: .It might be due to irritation of one of your lumbar spinal nerves. L5 nerve root irritation will give you pain that radiates to the top of the foot. L4 nerve root pain will usually stop at the knee and S1 nerve root pain will go down to the lateral aspect or bottom of the foot. 1-2 mm bulge you can live with. Get therapy so it does not become a bigger problem.
Dr. Yash Khanna
Not serious: disc bulge of 1to2mm is not that serious.Question is whether your pain in right limb is from the bulge We can not say from the information you have given.We don't know which vertebrae is involved and rest of your history like trauma and any other medical condition I suggest you consult an orphopedic surgeon preferably a spine specialist,with your MRI pictures or disc.You may also need Nerve condti

Last updated Sep 28, 2016