Could i have lymph cancer? im 20 &my lymph is swollen under my chin. swells real bad when i eat. got amoxicillin for it. still worried. doc sd infectn

Dr. Mohammad Khan
Unlikely: It is unlikely to be a cancer. A local infection may be more likely cause
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Pathology 45 years experience
This is common: Lymph cancer (at your age, usually Hodgkin's) is far less subtle. The average young person (and I spend my time largely around med students) have 2-3 similar lymph nodes. Nodes like this are very common and mean nothing. The reason it feels larger when you eat is that your tongue pushes it closer to your skin. Forget the antibiotics and leave it alone.
Pathology 45 years experience
Provided original answer
In the unlikely event that this and perhaps other nodes become preposterously enlarged, stuck tight to surrounding structure, and/or you become obviously sick (fever, weight loss, night sweats), get it seen again.
May 27, 2014
Last updated Nov 25, 2020