U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 37-year-old member asked:

What to do if i'm allergic to solu-cortef and penicillin. need dental treatment but am worried about anaesthetic?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Mina Levi
Dentistry 15 years experience
Allergy tsting: Hi, the advise I can give you is to see your dentist first and get an idea what kind of a treatment plan will be recommended. After it your dentist will give you samples of the anesthetics that will be used during the procedure and you can get tested with your MD for allergies to these anesthetics. Good luck to you!
Last updated May 27, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.