U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old member asked:

How can i change (quantities) from 50 mg nifedipine to 200 mg metoprolol per day(not sure about my doctor :(?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Bennett Werner
Cardiology 44 years experience
Different: They're completely different drugs from different classes with different side effects. Don't try this at home alone. Do it under the specific of your doctor. If you don't trust him/her, change. (the problem is bigger than just this medicine change).

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated Jun 25, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.