Oklahoma City, OK

Can someone tell me what, pvcs, pacs, adn episodes sinus brady mean? these are the results of my 24hr heart monitor! please and thank you!

Dr. Andrea Brand
Specializes in Family Medicine
Talk to your doctor: PVC's are early beats from the ventricle, and PAC's are early beats from the atrium. Sinus bradycardia ( sinus brady) is a slow heart beat that originates from the normal site in the heart. Many normal people have episodes of all three, and the significance of the findings in part relate to any associated symptoms.your doctor can explain the results of the monitor and put them in perspective.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Robert Pearson-Martinez
Pediatric Cardiology 22 years experience
Need more info: Sinus brady=normal rhythm but slow. In a healthy young person with no symptoms, that's generally not concerning-->usually a sign of good fitness. PACs & PVCs are premature atrial and ventricular beats--early beats originating in the upper & lower chambers, respectively. Just about everyone has occasional isolated early beats, but they can be more concerning if very frequent or in a row.
Last updated Sep 27, 2017