Can someone tell me what, pvcs, pacs, adn episodes sinus brady mean? these are the results of my 24hr heart monitor! please and thank you!

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Andrea Brand answered

Specializes in Family Medicine

Talk to your doctor: PVC's are early beats from the ventricle, and PAC's are early beats from the atrium. Sinus bradycardia ( sinus brady) is a slow heart beat that originates from the normal site in the heart. Many normal people have episodes of all three, and the significance of the findings in part relate to any associated symptoms.your doctor can explain the results of the monitor and put them in perspective.

Answered 9/27/2017

4k views

Dr. Robert Pearson-Martinez answered

Specializes in Pediatric Cardiology

Need more info: Sinus brady=normal rhythm but slow. In a healthy young person with no symptoms, that's generally not concerning-->usually a sign of good fitness. PACs & PVCs are premature atrial and ventricular beats--early beats originating in the upper & lower chambers, respectively. Just about everyone has occasional isolated early beats, but they can be more concerning if very frequent or in a row.

Answered 9/27/2017

4k views