WI

what is polycystic ovary disease? one of the doctors said i should see a gyn for if i have that or hormonal imbalance.

Dr. Vahe Yetimyan
General Practice 51 years experience
Yes. It is correct.: Polycystic ovary syndrome is a problem in which a woman's hormones are out of balance. It can cause problems with women periods and make it difficult to get pregnant. PCOS also may cause unwanted changes in the way women look. If it isn not treated, over time it can lead to serious health problems, such as diabetes and heart disease.
Dr. David Masiello
Hematology and Oncology 18 years experience
Polycystic ovary syndrome is the most common cause of infertility in women, and is primarily characterized by ovulatory dysfunction and hyperandrogenism.
Jul 20, 2014