U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 23-year-old female asked:

Hi i have sarcoidosis in my lungs and lymph nodes how common is it to spread and can i get any other illnesses from having sarcoidosis?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. William Cappaert
Ophthalmology 61 years experience
Get an eye exam: Sarcoidosis can produce an inflammation in the eyes called iritis or anterior uveitis. Signs of it would be found on an eye exam. As long as the sarcoidosis is active you need yearly eye exams. If one or both of your eyes gets red and painful with blurred vision see an ophthalmologist immediately.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 10, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.