United Kingdom

i have been told that i may have a blocked salivary gland. i keep getring headaches only on that side of my head too. are these conected?

Dr. Howard Shapiro
Specializes in Internal Medicine
Two problems: While I can come up with very uncommon conditions that would connect the two problems, headaches are more commonly due to other problems. Those problems can range from sinus infections to temporal-mandibular joint problems to a host of other issues. See your physician who can examine you and evaluate the headaches
Dr. Paul Grin
Pain Management 36 years experience
Comorbidity: It is a comorbidity, but not a causality. Headache is a serious and complex neurologic disorder. This condition must be professionally diagnosed and managed. Rec.: see an orofacial pain or headache specialist for evaluation to avoid unnecessary future pain and suffering. The blocked salivary gland issue needs to be addressed and solved regardless.