U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 36-year-old member asked:

What to do if i have some problem and need helpful answer.my right eye is red already more than 1 month i visit 2 doctors?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Jan Lei Iwata
Dr. Jan Lei Iwataanswered
Ophthalmology 28 years experience
See ophthalmologist : Not sure if you're seeing optometrist or ophthalmologist? But you need to have a full evaluation with a dilated funduscopic examination done to determine what else is cooking. An ophthalmologist should easily be able to treat if your red eye is due to inflammation, or allergy. Get a 3rd opinion if necessary!
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Nazhat Sharma
Ophthalmology 34 years experience
Allergies: Redness in eye can be caused by foreign body, allergy, infection, bleeding under the conjunctiva., dry eyes, use of Contact lens. Other conditions are more serious: Glaucoma, uveitis etc. If you have Accompanying pain, blurred vision, discharge, light senstivity etc. You need to see an Ophthalmologist.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Nov 9, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.