U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Fremont, CA
A 21-year-old female asked:

My family say that i shouldn't visit a doctor for mild yellow eyes they believe liver problems have no medication only watching diet. are they right?

2 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
Dr. Tiffanie Noonan
Pediatrics 21 years experience
No...: You should see a physician and have them do the tests that are needed to find the cause of your yellow eyes. Jaundice can be a sign of a significant medical problem and you don't want to ignore it.
Dr. Kathy Robinson
Family Medicine 33 years experience
No, see doctor: Jaundice and liver irritation can be caused by many things including medications and very serious liver infections. You need to see a physician to get a correct diagnosis and possible treatment. Minocycline can cause liver irritation and if you are taking this regularly you would need to discontinue it and see your physician,
Last updated Oct 24, 2017


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.