Can i use denture adhesive with immediate denture aftera tooth extraction?

8 doctors weighed in across 4 answers

Can be helpful: Having an immediate or transitional denture inserted immediately following extractions can sometimes be difficult for the patient, especially when there are a lot of teeth to be removed and if the surgeon has to reshape a lot of bone to accommodate the denture(s). Some patients do have to use a denture adhesive for a period of time until adjustments to the immediate denture are made.

Answered 4/18/2020

5.7k views

Ok if used sparingly: The main concern under an immediate denture is the healing of the extraction sites. Denture adhesives can help with retention but use sparingly while the sockets are healing. This adhesive will be helpful until a reline is done once the bone areas heal and change shape.

Answered 12/14/2017

5.7k views

Yes: For comfort, since the adhesive has some cushioning properties, and for retention, to keep the denture stable and there will be less soreness.

Answered 6/8/2019

5k views

Possible: If you must use denture adhesive to retain your immediate denture, after surgery. Just use the adhesive on the roof of your mouth. Do not use the adhesive around the tooth socket areas. You do not want this material entering the tooth socket.

Answered 4/28/2021

4.9k views