U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old member asked:

I recently got a bad yeast infection days after sex. a 3day treatment helped but it did not go away. is this normal? will diflucan (fluconazole) help get rid of it?

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Willam Lau
Infectious Disease 11 years experience
Maybe: You should see your doctor. You can get a yeast infection, but it should clear up with medication such as diflucan, (fluconazole) but you may have a medical problem (e.g. Diabetes) that may prevent a rapid recovery.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Sep 20, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.