U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A member asked:

I often get yeast infections or bv, i recently taken the diflucan (fluconazole) pill to cure the yeast but this clumpy cottage cheeselike discharge won't stop.

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hunter Handsfield
Infectious Disease 55 years experience
Difficult problem...: With recurrence of both infections, this is too complex to expect a clear answer here, especially with HealthTap's charcter/word limits. Some yeast types are resistant to all "azole" drugs, including fluconazole (Diflucan®). Boric acid vaginal capsues or MetroGel® can help prevent recurrent BV. Suggest you find a gyn who subspecializes in infectious diseases. Good luck.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jun 6, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.