since arthroscopic surgery, my kneecaps have buckled a lot; at least once a day. it happened before 5x in 10 mins; yet my therapist does not believe.

Dr. Carol Hulett
43 years experience Orthopedic Surgery
Knee buckling: I can't really speak to what therapist believes but knees buckling after surgery is most often related to weakness in the quadriceps or thigh muscles. Also if you are not getting knee entirely straight when walking buckling or giving way is common. if there was a problems with your kneecaps at surgery that would be an explanation as well.
Answered on May 4, 2015