what to do if i have fluid in lungs with liver cirrhosis?

Dr. Calvin Weisberger
Cardiology 51 years experience
Cirrhosis: Cirrhosis often has poor protein levels and leaks fluid into the lungs and other spaces. This is very difficult to deal with. You should discuss your options with your doctor.
Dr. Mario Mangas
Cirrhosis and lung d: Question is whether the fluid is in the lung (edema) or around the lung(effusion). Edema may be caused by excess fluid in the body and effusion may be caused by fluid moving from the abdomen to the pleura through the diaphragm. Multiple causes and treatment varies depending no cause. See your doctor for guidance and treatment recommendation.