U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 50-year-old member asked:

My friend told me to get checked since it stings when i pees, doc gave me azithromycin tablets to get rid?

2 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. K. Mujib Haque
Internal Medicine 25 years experience
Urinary tract infect: Axithromycin is NOT the best antibiotic to treat urinary tract infections. You need either ciprofloxacin or Bactrim (sulfamethoxazole and trimethoprim) (septra in some countries) for better coverage to eradicate bacteria from urine.
Dr. Robert Killian
General Practice 29 years experience
Wrong treatment: I cannot see if you are male or female. Or if they are treating an STD. Azithromycin would treat chlamydia. It would not treat a urinary tract infection and it would not treat any form of Gonorrhea. Most men need a shot and pills to treat the STDs that caused yautia.
Last updated Jun 29, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.