U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
Beaverton, OR
A 38-year-old female asked:

I have a swollen left breast that is painful, with nipple discharge & blood, it itches, and lymph node under armpit is tender...see my pcp or er.?

3 doctor answers5 doctors weighed in
Dr. Regina Hampton
Breast Surgery 24 years experience
Call your PCP: You should call your PCP and be seen on Monday morning. They should reefer you to a breast specialist for evaluation.
Dr. Silviu Pasniciuc
Internal Medicine 28 years experience
Pcp: PCP. Chances are Er will send you to your PCP if not acutely sick otherwise. If unable to get in fast, would recommend Urgent Care.
Dr. Robert Grieco
Family Medicine 38 years experience
Be seen today: This sound like a mastitis which is an infection in the breast tissue. If you can see your PCP today then go there but if not then the ER or convient care center.
Last updated Jan 31, 2015


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.