A 32-year-old member asked:
Should i worry if my child just drank most of his salt water gargle?
1 doctor answer • 2 doctors weighed in
Rheumatology 48 years experience
No.: Should not be a concern, other than he/she might get an upset stomach.
5.9k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
A 40-year-old member asked:
Do I need to worry if a child drinks a salt water gargle?
2 doctor answers • 5 doctors weighed in
Family Medicine 43 years experience
Probably not: Depends on the volume and concentration of the salt water and was this just one tiem. It usually takes a child of some size to be willing and able to do salt water gargles. If one time, and not over a teaspoon of salt was used and if the child was without majory medical problems, i would not be too concerned. Otherwise, call your pcp, poison control and seek care.
6.2k viewsReviewed >2 years ago
Last updated Nov 26, 2013
Connect with a U.S. board-certified doctor by text or video anytime, anywhere.
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.