After drinking salt and water a couple of days after my stomach really hurts and im not sure why.?

2 doctors weighed in across 2 answers
Dr. Daniel Ziegler answered

Specializes in Emergency Medicine

I don't know why you drank salt water, and more importantly how much at what concentration, but like any substance, salt can become toxic if enough is ingested. Combine that history with abdominal pain, which if persistent or severe is always concerning and my advice is to go to the emergency room. The saltwater and pain may be unrelated but either has the potential for a serious problem.

Answered Nov 23, 2022

0 views

Dr. Gurmukh Singh answered

Specializes in Pathology

It is not feasible to provide a meaningful opinion without additional history, physical examination and may be some tests. Why were you taking salt? If quitting this practice does not relieve symptoms, it would be useful to see a doctor.

Answered Nov 23, 2022

0 views