what do you advise if i had a cortisone injection in my knee on wednesdayhow long til my knee will feel better ?

Dr. Thomas Deberardino
Orthopedic Surgery 32 years experience
Relief by day 3-5: Cortisone injections performed in the mild to moderately arthritic knee should provide relief by days 3-5 if the injections are to work at all. Each knee and degree of damage is different, and the response to an injection will also be different. The injections are aimed at decreasing the pain and swelling due to the inflammation and synovitis that occurs secondary to the underlying arthritis.