does anyone know how long the e. coli 0157 bacteria is present in a child once the symptoms have resolved?

Dr. Joseph Woods
Pathology 28 years experience
About >=5-10 days.: Fluid replacement and blood pressure support may be necessary to prevent death from dehydration, most victims recover without treatment in five to 10 days. Treatment with antibiotics can cause kidney problems. Antidiarrheals, like loperamide (imodium), should also be avoided as they may prolong the infection. Hemolytic-uremic syndrome is a life-threatening condition needing long term follow-up.