U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
United Kingdom
A 26-year-old female asked:

If i put my thumb inside my mouth and my index finger on my cheek i can feel lots of little lumps inside my cheek tissue, towards the back.what is it?

1 doctor answer4 doctors weighed in
Dr. Arnold Malerman
Orthodontics 55 years experience
Parotid Gland: Probably the parotid gland, the salivary gland that gets swollen when you have mumps. For your own peace of mind, and just to make sure what you are feeling is normal and not pathologic, ask your general dentist to refer you to an oral surgeon for examination.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Jan 22, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.