im f 22 and having irregular heart beat with chest pains, is this reason to go to the e.r or should i just make an apt?

Dr. Francine Yep
ER now: Please get help now. Chest pain, shortness of breath or dizziness can be warning signs when you have irregular heart beats at the same time.
Dr. Tony Maglione
Specializes in Cardiology
should go to your doctor today to have ekg and get examed- but if symptoms are continuous and last longer than 20 minutes-the go to er immediately
Feb 6, 2018
Dr. Tony Maglione
Specializes in Cardiology
Depends: if you are having a rapid heart beat resulting in continuous chest pain or shortness of breath or passing out- you should go to an ER or urgent care. If not, try to make an appt as soon as possible in the office so they can begin a workup and treatment for you.