A 24-year-old female asked about a 34-year-old female:

I have preeclampsia when sitting my blood pressure is super high even on meds, when laying on my side it goes to normal. what is the reason 4 this?

Dr. Henry Jacobs
True: When sitting, the BP is higher on your left side you take the weight of the pregnant uterus off the aorta and the weight of the liver off the kidney this allows more blood flow through the renal artery and the uterus which lowers the BP and is good for the placental circulation and the baby.
Dr. William Jurewitz
Specializes in Obstetrics and Gynecology
Not enough info: I'd love to help but there is a lot of missing info. If you have preeclampsia, meds don't treat it - only delivery...And you will still have high blood pressure while lying down. Your pressure will often be higher though while sitting, standing or lying flat on your back. Sometimes blood pressure in one arm will be much higher that in the other due to abnormal anatomy of blood vessels near heart.