if i ate ham that had listeria yesterday. would it still be in my mouth today? can i pass it to my newborn by kissing him? i drooled a little on him when he was sleeping next to me also by accident

2 doctor answers
Dr. Norma jo Waxman
Listeria exposure??: How do you know you were exposed to listeria and why are you on azithromycin? If you really have listeria, the treatment is Ampicillin or amoxicillin. Are you pregnant? Normally listeria is found in raw cheese or milk and in standing water. Never heard of it on ham.
Answered on Sep 29, 2016
1
Dr. Michael Stern
49 years experience Dentistry
Possibly: Possibly, but your infant also has some of your own immunity from the placenta. Rinse once an hour for 30 to 60 seconds with original bad tasting listerine for six hours and that should kill as many germs as possible.
Answered on Apr 20, 2014