How to get rid of keloid scars?

Dr. Russell Sparenberg
50 years experience
No simple answer: There is no simple answer to your question. Some may benefit from cortisone injections whereas others may require excision.Sometimes excision is followed by a short course of radiation. Unfortunately some of them have a high rate of recurrence. I would recommend seeing a plastic surgeon in your area.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Dean Giannone
Keloids.: Two options here. One would be steroid injections into the keloids, hoping they shrink over the long term. This is not always effective. Second, they can be cut out, but the problem would be that the healing from the resection of a keloid can, of course, produce another keloid. Discuss with Dermatologist, but may be wise to just leave them be.
Dr. Glenn Messina
Aesthetic Medicine 36 years experience
Several methods: Depending on the size you can inject intralesional steroids dermatologists often use this method. It may help flatten the keloid a bit Sometimes a plastic surgeon can cut out the keloid and suture the area closed carefully . Its possible a new keloid will form but occasionally they do not return
Dr. Dean Giannone