A 16-year-old female asked:

I was running around and fell now my ankle hurt to move in some positions and certain ways ?

1 doctor answer2 doctors weighed in
Dr. Darren Buono
Specializes in Radiology
Recommend x-ray: You should seek medical attention and be examined. You may need an x-ray to see if you have a fracture. The ottawa ankle rules are a good rule of thumb to determine if you need an xray: http://en.Wikipedia.Org/wiki/ottawa_ankle_rules.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Last updated Apr 18, 2014


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.