U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A 25-year-old female asked:

How can i stop my problem of snoring please advise home remedies i tried medication to finish it bt didn't help?

1 doctor answer3 doctors weighed in
Dr. Hanul Bhandari
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine 15 years experience
See below: Snoring may be part of a larger disorder. It might help by maintaining an ideal body weight, avoiding caffeine, alcohol, ; nicotine. If you have allergic rhinitis or another cause of nasal congestion, treating it can help with snoring. Nasal strips ; sleeping 7.5 to 8 hours a night can be beneficial. If a deviated nasal septum is present, fixing it can help. See a sleep dr. To evaluate you.
Created for people with ongoing healthcare needs but benefits everyone.
Dr. Hanul Bhandari
Internal Medicine - Sleep Medicine 15 years experience
Provided original answer
Importantly for evaluation of sleep apnea, especially if you aso have morning headaches, daytime sleepiness, dry mouth in the mornings, night time acid reflux, and choke or gasp for air periodically at night. Hope that helps!
Apr 17, 2014

Related questions

A 46-year-old member asked:
Treatment/solutions for snoring?
2 doctor answers4 doctors weighed in
A 25-year-old male asked:
Causes and treatment of snoring?
2 doctor answers2 doctors weighed in
A 29-year-old male asked:
Is there a remedy for snoring other than surgery?
3 doctor answers8 doctors weighed in
A 34-year-old member asked:
I am snoring too much. What treatment would be good for me(50 years old)?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
A 30-year-old member asked:
What to do if i really wanna know what makes a person to snore and what is the remedy for it?
2 doctor answers3 doctors weighed in
Last updated Apr 30, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.