U.S. doctors online nowAsk doctors free
A female asked:

I have pain behind my knee. it hurts to straighten, put pressure, lift my leg, and i'm limping. what do i need to do to alleviate this problem.

1 doctor answer1 doctor weighed in
Dr. Eugene Ahn
Specializes in Integrative Medicine
See a physician: First step is to see a doctor and establish a diagnosis. Possibilities include inflammatory arthritis, gout, infection, musculoskeletal injury, ruptured baker's cyst, blood clot, etc.

90,000 U.S. doctors in 147 specialties are here to answer your questions or offer you advice, prescriptions, and more. Get help now:

Ask doctors free
Educational text
Talk to a doctor
24/7 visits - just $39!
50% off with $15/month membership
Last updated May 7, 2016


Content on HealthTap (including answers) should not be used for medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment, and interactions on HealthTap do not create a doctor-patient relationship. Never disregard or delay professional medical advice in person because of anything on HealthTap. Call your doctor or 911 if you think you may have a medical emergency.